Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Joe Horvath's podcast on my book, Five Lives Shaped by the Poor Law: a History of Welfare in the Early Republic

Thanks to my colleague Joe Horvath, at the University of Pécs, for producing a podcast from our conversation recently about my research.  In addition to teaching American history in Pécs, I have been continuing to work on my book, titled Five Lives Shaped by the Poor Law: a History of Welfare in the Early Republic.  The book has it all: stiff gentlemen in top hats and waist coasts, street scenes from early 1800s Providence, a sex scandal, an eccentric but independently wealthy sheep farmer, and a woman known only as "One-Eyed Sarah."   Here you can hear snippets of Joe's and my conversation, complete with the background noise of the humanities students' favorite cafe: Paulus.

The link is here: 
http://jozsefhor.podomatic.com/entry/2013-06-05T07_11_01-07_00

Thanks Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment